Windows 2003 Migration service in Auckland
Fast Track Service for Windows 2003 Migration
Microsoft is ending support for Windows Server 2003/R2 on July 14th 2015 – For users of the server system, now is the time to upgrade, or face being left behind.
Whilst Microsoft recommends a four-step plan to migrating your Windows Server 2003, consisting of Discovery, Assessment, Targeting and Migration, Prestige IT understands the workload and time that this process takes, and how it can affect a client, including the security and stability of their IT network.
Prestige IT’s Fast Track Service combines the latest discovery and assessment tools with Microsoft migration expert consultancy to deliver steps one to three within days rather than weeks, providing the client with the service they require to ensure complete migration of their server system, whilst keeping time and financial costs at a minimum.
Server migration is not a simple job, and the workload can cause excessive strain on internal IT teams. Prestige IT’s Fast Track Service means someone else can take up the slack whilst IT resources are left to their priorities, causing as little disruption to the business as possible.
Prestige IT’s Fast Track Service helps drive and accelerate migration sales for resellers, ensuring clients are operating on a fully supported Microsoft server as soon as possible.
The three steps are as follows:
- Remotely gather information from the existing Windows 2003 Server
- Catalogue all Windows 2003 based hardware, software, applications and licensing agreements
- Discover all dependencies on the Windows 2003 infrastructure
- Define the scope of the migration
- Capture the performance metrics of the current IT infrastructure
- Identify the owners and impact of each workload and application
- Create a migration profile for each workload and application
- Organise applications and workloads depending on type, criticality, complexity and risk
- Determine the right migration path and target for each system involved, including Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Azure, Cloud OS Network and Microsoft Office 365